On April 19, 2004, Borough Council enacted Ordinance #400 electing to administer and enforce the provisions of the Pennsylvania Construction Code, Act #45 of 1999, and adopted the Uniform Construction Code (UCC) as the Borough’s Municipal Building Code.
The purpose of the UCC is to provide uniform standards for builders, greater protection for the owners, occupants, and the general public. It will ensure safe, cost efficient, modern construction standards throughout Pennsylvania by governing the construction, repair, and new occupancy of all structures in Pennsylvania.
The impact on local residents planning a building project will be minimal since the Borough already has a building code inspector in place.
An owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a residential building or erect, install enlarge, alter, repair, remove, construct, or replace an electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system regulated by the UCC shall first apply to the building code official and obtain the required permit. Permits are also required for the following (note this is only a partial list):
- Roof - Commercial Building
- Hot Water Heater
- Curbs/Sidewalks/Driveways No Fee
- Sheds less than 500 Sq. Ft. (Zoning Permit)
- Carports & Garages less than 1,000 Sq. Ft. (Zoning Permit)
- Fence (Zoning Permit)
- Uncovered Decks less than 30" Above Grade (Zoning Permit)
- Swimming Pool Building Permit Rate
- Furnace Building Permit Rate
- Central Air Building Permit Rate
- Permits are not required for the following:
- Exterior and interior painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, flooring, cabinets, countertops.
- Windows, doors, garage doors, storm windows/doors in the same opening if the dimensions or framing of the original opening are not altered.
- Replacement of existing siding;
- Replacement of exterior rain water gutters and leaders;
- Replacement of (Residential) dishwashers/kitchen range hoods;
- Replacement of faucets;
- Replacement of traps;
- Replacement of (Residential) water closets, lavatories, or kitchen sinks.
Borough Council Has Adopted And Enforces The Following:
- Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code
- 2009 - International Building Code
- 2009 - International Residential Code (1-2 Family)
- 2009 - International Plumbing Code
- 2009 - International Mechanical Code
- 2009 - International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 - International Fuel / Gas Code
- 2009 - International Fire Code
Zoning Ordinance and Map
Adopted July 06, 2009
Zoning Ordinance July 6. 2009 (2.5 MB)
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW FOR APPLICATIONS, SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO MONTOURSVILLE BOROUGH OFFICE
MONTOURSVILLE BOROUGH ZONING APPLICATION
MONTOURSVILLE BOROUGH BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION
MONTOURSVILLE BOROUGH VARIANCE APPLICATION
Please contact the Central Keystone Council of Government Codes Office if you plan on doing any of the following:
- Construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure.
- Erect, enlarge, install, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system.
- Erect, install or replace outside storage structure.
- Erect, install or replace sidewalks, curbs or driveways.
- Install or replace central air conditioning.
- Install or replace heating system.
- Install, replace, upgrade or rewire electrical system.
- Install or repair plumbing system
- Install or repair sewer system ( sanitary or storm).
For Information On Any Item Listed Above Please Contact:
David Hines, Zoning Officer / Code Official
Gerry Kilgus, Building Codes Officer
Central Keystone Council of Government
1610 Industrial Blvd, Suite 400A
Lewisburg, PA 17837
M - F ~ 8:30AM - 4:30 PM
Fees: Contact the Borough Office for the current fee schedule - 570-368-2486
Sidewalk, Curb & Driveway Permits
Contact: Ronald Smith, Streets & Water Commissioner 570-368-2486